• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 cindylea

cindylea

IL DIVO

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

Found this interview online from November.  They are talking about "A Musical Affair" and the tour.  Hope this link works!

http://www.680news.c...musical-affair/

#2 mayeachday

mayeachday

IL DIVO

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:07 PM

Thanks Cindy for this nice find.   Guess from the interview, we get to know that there will be female singers joining the Divos in their upcoming tour..... hmmm, against the wish of some (or possibly most?) fans, sigh.

Posted Image
Thanks Kathy for the lovely siggie & avatar!

#3 cindylea

cindylea

IL DIVO

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:33 AM

You're welcome :) I'm glad that you enjoyed it!

#4 aberdiva

aberdiva

IL DIVO

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:38 AM

Thank you from me too, Cindy. This was an exceptional interview. The guys looked great, each of them got to talk more than a few moments, and Rudy Blair asked intelligent questions.

#5 danny funny

danny funny

*David's Diva*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13,252 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:00 AM

Thanks Cindy for posting and welcome to Forum! :)

Autumn_zps6f91ebbc.jpg

#6 Irene

Irene

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 12,213 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

Thanks Cindy for this nice find.   Guess from the interview, we get to know that there will be female singers joining the Divos in their upcoming tour..... hmmm, against the wish of some (or possibly most?) fans, sigh.

Already it has been announced they will have Lea Salonga with them in Japan :wub:  We are talking about the 'creme de' la creme' of musical theatre.  If they are asking such to share some time on stage with them I for one am delighted.  Far better than a support act who are often treated very badly by some people attending, either talking when they are performing, or coming in late etc.  I was so embarassed in Dublin when Vladamir, a very talented violinist, could hardly be heard at times for background noise.  Partly due to bad management as the M & G Divas were coming back from their meeting full of excitement and telling their friends about it.  However why this could have been done in the bar/cafe I don't know.

Irene xx

tour-200141_zps0d23ebc2.jpg

download.gif

With many thanks to Carol/borderbabe xx

#7 ByrneingCutie

ByrneingCutie

Carlos and Coffee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

You and me both Irene. The Japanese Divas are very lucky! I was watching her today as it happens on my Les Miserable Dvd. She played Fantine and she was incredible.

I would be extremely happy if they bought her to the UK :D

2063b462-f457-4465-a0f7-93099f9b4171_zps

The opera ain't over till the Big Dog howls
Check out my Carlos fan page @CarlosFansUK
http://byrneingcutie.wordpress.com/

#8 urseygirl

urseygirl

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

She, indeed, has a beautiful voice

#9 mayeachday

mayeachday

IL DIVO

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

Thanks Irene for the update, didn't know who is/are actually joining the Divos!  Thought in the interview they were referring to the singers that they had worked with previously.  Yes, I like her voice!  Just watched a vid of her singing Empty Chairs and Empty Tables (one of my fav songs from Les Mis).  A great pick by the guys indeed and yes, it all depends of who will join them at their new tour, having another voice is not necessarily a bad idea :)

Posted Image
Thanks Kathy for the lovely siggie & avatar!

#10 cindylea

cindylea

IL DIVO

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:51 AM

Thanks everyone, glad to be here!  I tried to press the "like this" button on your various replies, but it won't work.  So this is my mass "LIKE IT" to you all! :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users