yannic

Sirene d'un jour , Sirene pour toujours

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:18 AM

Just received this Google Alert

Flash Entertainment Announce Il Divo In Concert Live In Abu Dhabi

Flash Entertainment Announce Il Divo In Concert Live In Abu Dhabi (2 March 2010)
World’s Most Popular Operatic Pop Group Perform for the first time in Abu Dhabi as part of the Abu Dhabi Festival 2010. Tickets are going on sale today.

Flash Entertainment, the Abu Dhabi-based live events organisers, today announced a date for an Il Divo concert - due to take place at Emirates Palace, West Park on 2nd April and showcased as part of the Abu Dhabi Festival 2010.

Combining all of the popular appeal of previous Flash Entertainment events such as Rihanna and Coldplay, along with the classical gravitas of Andrea Bocelli; the Il Divo concert promises to shatter preconceived ideas of music with a performance of romantic and popular songs in an operatic style. The talented quartet will showcase their most recent album; ‘The Promise‘, with versions of Frankie Goes to Hollywood’s ‘The Power of Love’ and ABBA’s ‘Winner Takes It All’ alongside much loved classics such as ‘Amazing Grace’ and ‘Adagio’. The album combines semi-orchestral arrangements and close harmonies to create a confident and accomplished collection.

“We’re determined to keep raising the bar for entertainment in Abu Dhabi, with a wide range of acts and events throughout the year. This concert will bring something completely new to the capital, bridging the gap between classical music and pop culture and introducing the younger generations to a whole new style of music”, commented John Lickrish, Managing Director of Flash Entertainment. “Flash is committed to bringing the world’s leading performers to the capital, whether from the sporting arenas or the world of performing arts, to put Abu Dhabi on the map as a hub for entertainment and culture.

Il Divo was formed in 2004 as a multinational operatic pop vocal group, with members from Switzerland, the USA, Spain and France. Il Divo has since become the most successful international break out story of the past few years, selling more than 25million albums. Conquering the hearts of fans and the charts of nations all around the world, the group has garnered over 150 gold and platinum awards in 33 countries. They have performed for over 2 million people on their recent tours and won last year’s Billboard Breakthrough Award for having one of the year’s top grossing tours; playing 130 arena shows across six continents.

Echoing the cultural diversity of Abu Dhabi itself, Il Divo’s music appeals to every nationality, whilst simultaneously introducing lovers of popular music to the operatic style. Sebastien Izambard from Il Divo stated “We’re really excited to be finally making it to Abu Dhabi and playing this special show as part of the Abu Dhabi Festival. Our first experience in the UAE was in Dubai which we loved, and a couple of us have even been back for holidays, so we’re really keen to learn more about the community there and be part of this special arts and cultural festival.”

The concert will take place during the renowned Abu Dhabi Festival 2010, which aims to provide a platform to fuse world-class performances from the masters of the arts world today with cultural local vision and a depth of community spirit. In showcasing Il Divo, Flash Entertainment and the Abu Dhabi Music & Arts Foundation will be working together for the second time as part of the Abu Dhabi Festival 2010, after previously presenting the successful Andrea Bocelli concert in the grounds of Emirates Palace, attracting an audience of over 11,000.

“One of the key missions of the Abu Dhabi Festival is to encourage everyone to embrace culture and the arts, in order to lay a strong foundation for the development of Abu Dhabi as a cultural center for the region and a key player in the international arts world,” commented H.E Hoda Al Khamis Kanoo, Founder, Abu Dhabi Music & Arts Foundation.

“Singers such as Il Divo, whose work spans the worlds of opera and popular music, provide a beautiful introduction to the joys of operatic technique. I look forward to working with Flash again this year to take the spirit of the Abu Dhabi Festival to a wider audience.”

The Abu Dhabi Festival 2010 runs from 20 March to 7 April 2010 and events will primarily be hosted at the Emirates Palace.

Il Divo in concert, Live in Abu Dhabi is sponsored by Aldar, Du and Etihad Airways and supported by Marina Mall, Synaxis Media,Time Out Abu Dhabi, Showtime, Radio 2, ENG and Emirates Palace.

Il Divo in Concert, live in Abu Dhabi is an all-seated concert with tickets on sale from today, Tuesday March 2nd, across four categories; Diamond at AED 1,295, Pearl at AED 995, Coral at AED 595 and Grand Stand seats at AED 345. Tickets are available from, www.boxofficeme.com, www.timeouttickets.com, www.ticketingboxoffice.com and Virgin

#2 songofjoy

songofjoy

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:57 PM

An interview with Sebastien about the upcoming concert in Abu Dhabi ..... tongue.gif

http://www.timeoutab...dhabi-interview

Il Divo Abu Dhabi interview
We talk to Il Divo's Sebastien Izambard in London before the band hit Abu Dhabi… Discuss this article

© ITP Images French singer Sebastien Izambard is one quarter of Il Divo, the acclaimed, multinational and globe-trotting opera-pop combo created by impresario Simon Cowell in 2004.

With more than 150 gold and platinum discs in 33 countries, the group have conquered hearts and charts around the world. <script language=JavaScript type=text/javascript>if(typeof(DFP_ord) == "undefined"){var DFP_ord = 1267552337;} if(typeof(DFP_host) == "undefined"){var DFP_host = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://" : "http://");} if(typeof(DFP_tile) == "undefined"){var DFP_tile = 1;} else {DFP_tile++;} document.write(''); <script language=JavaScript src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/toad_en/knowledge/features/13925-il-divo-abu-dhabi-interview;sz=300x250;tile=3;ord=1267552337?" type=text/javascript> <script src="http://s0.2mdn.net/879366/flashwrite_1_2.js">

Now, this April, they're coming to Abu Dhabi as part of the Abu Dhabi Festival.

We caught up with Sebastien to find out about his music, melodies, pre-performance massages - and why Il Divo isn't a boy band.

You're famously connected with Simon Cowell. Is this a good or bad thing?

It's a great thing: Simon has opened doors for us in a fantastic way, very much quicker than we could have opened them for ourselves. At the same time, Il Divo wouldn't have lasted if we didn't work really hard ourselves as artists. Sometimes, the connection can take away credibility about what kind of artist you are, because of reality shows and things that are made quickly and then disappear. But we've been together for six years now and we've been successful. We've always wanted to go beyond the chance that he gave us, and we've managed to show everyone that it's not just the 'Simon factor' that's allowed us to make it through.

Simon ordered an extensive search to find each member of Il Divo. What do you think he saw in each of you?
That would be a question for him, I guess! All I can tell you is that I think he was looking for people he could trust with his vision for the group – people who could make the picture he had in his mind exist. We had all been involved in music for years, so we could recreate his vision on a sound level – but also, because we were so different on an individual level, our voices are completely different. It's the richness of the combination and the skills we each have – I think that's what Simon wanted.

What do you believe each member brings to the group?
Our different personalities – that's for sure. David (Miller) – being American – he's very representative of his country in what he thinks. The same goes for me, being French – although I'm not too arrogant! Urs (Bühler) has a very Swiss way of thinking – everything has to be very tight and organised. And Carlos (Marin) is like the fire of the group, the fuego as they say in Spanish. When he sings, it has to be loud, sometimes very emotional – and his personality shows really well on the records. We bring who we are to the group, and that's a complex thing with our different backgrounds and countries.

Do you think the kind of boy band image you've been given detracts from your talent in any way?
Erm… we're not really a boy band: we're all in our thirties. We're definitely a band, though. Really, I don't really have a problem with what people want to call us. We're trying to achieve good music – music that's accessible to all kinds of people who don't necessarily know much about opera but enjoy voices, you know? People often think we sing opera but we don't – we sing pop songs in an operatic way. We're a band who show a different way of singing pop songs for people who want to hear different, strong voices.

There's a sense that you're a younger version of the Three Tenors. Which one of you is Pavarotti, which is Placido Domingo, which is Jose Carreras, and which one is the odd one out?
Ha! I have no idea… I don't think any of us pretend to be any of those singers and I don't think we could compare ourselves to those amazing voices. They're untouchable, unreachable talents – leave them to be who they are. We're Sebastian, Urs, David and Carlos.

Your singles seem to have been a mixture of soundtrack numbers and Abba songs. Who chooses them for you?
We sit down with our record company and Simon and a list of songs, and we brainstorm through a list of songs. Then, we try the list we've chosen in the studio, and decide what works best. We're not told: 'this is what you're going to sing; now shut up and do it' – it's teamwork. After all, it's the four of us who are going to take it on stage. I think Abba was Simon's suggestion, while Hallelujah is a song that I've suggested for years because it has such a subtle, beautiful melody.

We do have a tendency to add songs to our performances that aren't the records – that's something you're going to find in the Abu Dhabi show. We're going to present some stuff like Bridge Over Troubled Waters and some other surprises.

Do any of you write your own music, and if so, have you ever presented it to your manager?
It's one of my passions. I love writing and I love collaborating with different people when I've got free time from Il Divo. It's a very important thing to me; it's part of the creativity of being an artist. But to write for Il Divo is tricky and difficult on so many levels because I'm so involved in it. I've tried, but haven't really achieved what I've wanted to do - not yet.

If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would it be?

It would have to be David Bowie, probably Ziggy.

What was the first live concert you ever attended?
David Bowie, when I was five. My mum took me. I can't remember it, but my first concert could have been worse, eh? I think my first concert of choice was Depeche Mode…

Do you have any last minute rituals you go through before hitting the stage?
I like to have a massage. I always try to have one; it gives you some time to step back a little bit and relax. Very often we shake hands and wish each other luck – but there's nothing crazy.

Grab your tickets to see Il Divo in Abu Dhabi

Don't I wish I could!! rolleyes.gif

Carole

Carole
Posted Image

#3 whetne

whetne

Presi IDFCVH, MHASB y SIREN 4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 09:15 PM

Fantastic news girls!!!, Thank you so much for post!!!!...

I'm glad to the guys will soon be back on stage much relaxed, thanks to his vacations!!!!

This is the map of the concert and a photo of the Emirates Palace!!!

Good luck to all the divas who can go to the concert in Abu Dhabi!!!

Whetne

I SUPPORT http://www.amtm.org/
Posted Image
Posted Image
VISIT IL DIVO FAN CLUB VENEZUELA "HÉROES"CLICK HERE
@Whetne_Mariana

#4 clau_y_naty

clau_y_naty

Dave's Twin Divas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,335 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:40 AM

From the main site....and the official FB.

ABU DHABI CONCERT POSTPONED
The Il Divo Concert, as part of the Abu Dhabi Arts Festival scheduled to be held in Abu Dhabi on Friday April 2 has been postponed by a day.

The postponement is in view of the national three-day mourning period announced following the death of Sheikh Ahmed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, managing director of Abu Dhabi Investment Authority & brother of the President of the UAE.

The concert will now be held on Saturday (April 3) at the Emirates Palace West Park and all doors and start times will remain as planned. All tickets issued earlier will be valid for the show.

Il Divo's thoughts and prayers are with Sheikh Ahmed's family

We are so sorry for all the divas that were planing to go..and now have troubles with the new date of the concert....

Claunaty_zpsdbe8e42e.gif

divas_zps5c119b21.gif

Many Thks Tina for the help with the siggie and blinkie

#5 sabkeyes

sabkeyes

IL DIVO

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:06 PM

Two videos so far:

La vida sin amor (part):

Amazing Grace (part)

www.ildivo-fanclub.de

darling_signatur_zpsc0187b91.jpg
www.sabinekern.de

#6 silvina

silvina

Silvina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:07 PM

Hi! smile.gif

A couple more biggrin.gif

My Way
http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel

The Impossible Dream
http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel

Loooooooooved Sebbie's hair!!! wub.gif Lovely to see you back guys!!!! biggrin.gif

XXXXOOOO... SIL

#7 divaregina

divaregina

*Diva & Twilighter*

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 01:17 AM

Article!!

http://gulfnews.com/...vocals-1.607644

Il Divo wow fans in UAE with powerful vocals
Four tenors capture the hearts of the audience during performance at Abu Dhabi Festival

By Nathalie Farah, Staff Reporter Published: 09:46 April 4, 2010

Abu Dhabi: Blending four powerful voices alongside the Puccini Festival Opera orchestra, Il Divo, the opera quartet hand picked by Simon Cowell over six years ago, made up of Carlos Marin, a Baritone from Spain, David Miller a Tenor from the United States, Urs Buhler, a Tenor from Switzerland and Sebastien Izambard a Pop singer from France captured not only the hearts of the audience, but their minds as well.

"We haven't seen each other in over six weeks...we are very proud to be here as part of Abu Dhabi Festival and hope that you enjoy tonight's performance," Urs said, a sentiment that was echoed by Sebastien and the other members of the group.

The magical evening saw the audience enjoy some classic favourites,such as Nights in White Satin, Unchained Melody and slightly more recent hits including Unbreak My Heart but with a twist that was all Il Divo - most of the songs were sung in Italian, with a smattering of French and English.

Their repetoire ranged from their first album, Il Divo to their latest one, The Promise.

"Now we want to shake things up a little bit...if you know how to dance salsa then show us how good a dancer you are," Carlos said, with a roguish grin.

But, as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end, and this concert was no exception. But the group had a small surprise in store for their fans.

The four tenors sang their goodbyes, not once, not twice but three times.

Starting with Frank Sinatra's My Way, the quartet then returned for a double encore of Amazing Grace and The Impossible Dream before bidding the sold out crowd a good night and disappearing backstage.

"It has been a pleasure singing for you tonight. As we've said many times throughout the evening, while this is our first time performing here, we sincerely hope that it will not be our last," David said, smiling.

bdayregina.jpg

#8 donna_tw

donna_tw

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:49 AM

Mama...

Best vid quality so far and full length!

Donna
xxx

Posted Image

#9 lindaamj

lindaamj

IL DIVO

• Platinum
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:53 AM

New article about the concert:

Il Divo delights crowd of thousands at first Abu Dhabi concert, presented by Flash Entertainment
Posted on: Sunday April 4 , 2010 1:15:50 PM (GMT+4)

http://www.eyeofduba...etail-42118.htm

- Emirates Palace resounded with operatic harmonies from Il Divo, backed by the renowned Puccini Festival Opera Orchestra
- Il Divo concert is another highlight of Abu Dhabi Festival 2010.

Abu Dhabi was treated to a unique performance last night as the grounds of Emirates Palaces West Lawn were filled with the unmistakeable sounds of the pop-operatic quartet Il Divo performing with the Puccini Festival Opera Orchestra The fully seated show, brought to the capital by Flash Entertainment, was the first time the quartet has performed in Abu Dhabi. The concert was presented as part of Abu Dhabi Festival 2010 which is organised by Abu Dhabi Music & Arts Foundation (ADMAF).

Performing a number of their classic hits, alongside new gems from their latest album The Promise, the concert, showcased the quartets range, passion, energy and perfectly crafted talent. Demonstrating a strong rapport on-stage, the four singers intertwined their voices to create soaring melodies, interspersed by solo performances that demonstrated the qualities of each mans unique vocal range. The performance clearly demonstrated the new levels of maturity and shared purpose of the quartet, who have been working together since 2004.

John Lickrish, Managing Director of Flash Entertainment commented:
This evenings performance was a huge success and a truly memorable way to introduce Il Divo to Abu Dhabi. The exceptional performances of both the quartet and the Puccini Festival Opera Orchestra thrilled the audience last night, who came out in their thousands to enjoy this unforgettable outdoor show.

H.E. Hoda Al Khamis Kanoo, Founder and Artistic Director of the Abu Dhabi Festival 2010 also commented:
Im delighted that the Il Divo concert was so well received by Abu Dhabi audience. The Abu Dhabi Festival 2010 program was put together for the people of the Emirates, and it is always a pleasure to see members of the community enjoying Festival events. Il Divo are a young and dynamic group who bring the worlds of classical music and popular melodies together in a new and innovative way, adding a unique flavour to an already diverse Festival program.

The Abu Dhabi Festival 2010 has showcased a number of stunning international acts so far, with standing ovations and world premieres bringing joy and excitement to the packed audiences. Running until the 7th April, the remaining program offers audiences a host of international and regional virtuosi performing in Emirates Palace, as well as community and education events taking place around the Emirates.

Il Divo in concert, Live in Abu Dhabi was sponsored by Aldar, Du and Etihad Airways, and supported by Marina Mall, Synaxis Media, Time Out Abu Dhabi, Showtime, Radio 2, ENG and Emirates Palace.

Posted Image

#10 jkau

jkau

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:11 PM

Here's NIWS (whole song)

--Joyce
Posted Image
Thanks to Deb for the siggie......

#11 yannic

yannic

Sirene d'un jour , Sirene pour toujours

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:39 AM

UNCOVERAGE.net - http://www.uncoverage.net/ THE PROMISE: Il Divo delights crowd of thousands at first Abu ...THE PROMISE - http://amadeus-thepromise.blogspot.com/

<H2 class=date-header>Monday, April 05, 2010</H2><H3 class=post-title><A href="http://www.eyeofduba...l-42118.htm">Il Divo delights crowd of thousands at first Abu Dhabi concert, presented by Flash Entertainment </H3>

Emirates Palace resounded with operatic harmonies from Il Divo, backed by the renowned Puccini Festival Opera Orchestra
- Il Divo concert is another highlight of Abu Dhabi Festival 2010.

Abu Dhabi was treated to a unique performance last night as the grounds of Emirates Palaces West Lawn were filled with the unmistakeable sounds of the pop-operatic quartet Il Divo performing with the Puccini Festival Opera Orchestra The fully seated show, brought to the capital by Flash Entertainment, was the first time the quartet has performed in Abu Dhabi. The concert was presented as part of Abu Dhabi Festival 2010 which is organised by Abu Dhabi Music & Arts Foundation (ADMAF).

Performing a number of their classic hits, alongside new gems from their latest album The Promise, the concert, showcased the quartets range, passion, energy and perfectly crafted talent. Demonstrating a strong rapport on-stage, the four singers intertwined their voices to create soaring melodies, interspersed by solo performances that demonstrated the qualities of each mans unique vocal range. The performance clearly demonstrated the new levels of maturity and shared purpose of the quartet, who have been working together since 2004.
ETC

[/color][color="#940f04"]

#12 donna_tw

donna_tw

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:13 AM

RAM - wub.gif

Don't know what the man's voice was about. rolleyes.gif Important thing was that it wasn't camera police, since filming went on. biggrin.gif

Posted Image

#13 pbzeppelin

pbzeppelin

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:03 AM

Here are some snaps...

Posted Image

Life should be a splash of colors...and if Swiss all the better ! :-)
SREE

#14 pbzeppelin

pbzeppelin

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:09 AM

For the Divas !

For the Cuties !

For the Sirens !

Posted Image

SREE

#15 pbzeppelin

pbzeppelin

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:18 AM

Of course for the Uber babes .... biggrin.gif

Posted Image

SREE

#16 pbzeppelin

pbzeppelin

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:22 AM

Link to Adagio...lovely one...

Posted Image

SREE

#17 pbzeppelin

pbzeppelin

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (afrodite @ Apr 5 2010, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG SREE!!!! That Adagio-vid!! JUST PERFECT!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! And thanks for the pics!

Also, a big thanks for the other ladies who have brought material here to read and watch!! WONDERFUL!

The guys sound and look soooo good!!

- Jaana

Thanks Jaana...am a bad photographer but the vids turned out much better...knew when to focus on who as we all know who sings next see...

the uber babes...will need to hold their breath for the ETILAY one (its only Urs ... blush wub.gif ) and its marvelous tho i say so myself ! biggrin.gif

Posted Image

SREE

#18 pbzeppelin

pbzeppelin

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:56 PM

Some pics of various Stage backgrounds...it was simple and a good background to the chaps !

Pity the Emirates Palace Hotel itself was not the background...but it was visible to the right ! Unfortunately...some not very bright person in the Dubai city planning dept gave the permission for some high rises...totally ruined the Emirates skyline view...

Posted Image

SREE

#19 pbzeppelin

pbzeppelin

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (angela46 @ Apr 5 2010, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sree, Thank you so much for your beatiful pics and ADAGIO video.
Like all the others, i'm looking forward to ETILAY video.
Regards Angela

Thanks everyone! Glad u enjoyed the stuff... smile.gif

Someone had put up the LVSA vid - where some girl in the audience asked carlos to teach her Salsa...and his reply was funny too...was a good laugh...I saw the Uber lord smiling too at that time...with a bottle of water in his hands ! smile.gif

Youtube has kicked me out 2 times...so looks like ETILAY is going to take time...hang in there Ubers...

I just came back today home today morning after a very bad flight and had to rush off to work...so am too sleepy now to do much now...so will put it up tomorrow please...

Hope Monika, Franka and Elaine's will put up stuff soon...

Night...and Jai Ho to the ID team... smile.gif

Cheers
Sree

Posted Image

SREE

#20 jkau

jkau

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:16 PM

Don't know if this has been posted before...

My Way

-Joyce
Posted Image
Thanks to Deb for the siggie......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users