229 replies to this topic

#41 Irene

Irene

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 12,012 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:53 AM

She is going to make such a beautiful bride I do hope they release a photograph. She and David look and sound so good together.

I was lucky enough to meet her and Geraldine at the Barcelona concert. Two beautiful women so different in style and height, but both stunning and both so generous with their time with the Il Divo fans. They spent the whole of the intermission talking to fans and having photos taken with Ingrid acting interpreter, Geraldine actually took our Forum Seb DVD Collection to give to him after the show which Ing and I really appreciated. We were getting worried that we might not have the opportunity to give it to Seb as we had not had a Meet and Greet. Sarah had her engagement ring on that night also but I never mentioned it at the time as it hadn't been formally announced.

Irene

Siggieroseirene.gif

download.gif

#42 maybe

maybe

IL DIVO

• Platinum
  • 363 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:07 PM

Does anyone else think Sara Joy looks very like Katherine Heigl from "Greys Anatomy"?

Posted Image

Il Divo....my drug of choice...........totally addicted!!!!

#43 divatica

divatica

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:34 AM

Does anyone know what is up with Sarah Joy or Three Graces?

Haven´t heard anything for a while so I´m curious unsure.gif

Posted Image
Posted Image
I close my eyes, the moment I surrender to YOU.....

#44 kidsal

kidsal

IL DIVO

• Platinum
  • 445 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:40 AM

Found Sarah on YouTube under title "Sarah Joy Kabanuck" Wonder if David produced it?
Urs: "That's completely idiotic!"

#45 butterfly

butterfly

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

Here's the latest wonderful news about Sarah Joy.
She performed at the Northshore Music Festival on September 6.
Since we can't post videos they are available on Youtube. The 3 songs Sarah Joy sang were "Quando men vo" from our beloved La Boheme, "O soave Fanciulle"- not with David :( La Boheme, "and Barcarolle"

Here is the bio from the festival. I have highlighted some wonderful news disclosed. :D
http://northshoremus...rg/artists-2010

Sarah Joy Miller, Soprano

American soprano Sarah Joy Miller, called “nothing less than breathtaking” by StarPulse.com, and “one to listen for” by the Tolucan Times, counts among her recent performances the role of Mimi in Baz Luhrmann’s Broadway La Boheme. The Los Angeles native has appeared as Fiordiligi, Musetta, Faust’s Marguerite, and in the title roles of Donizetti’s Lucia di Lammermoor and Betly, with companies including The Ahmanson Theater of Los Angeles, The Broadway Theater of New York, California State University Northridge Theater, and the Haugh Performing Arts Center of California. Her most recent engagements include appearances as Violetta in La Traviata with Long Island Opera, Micaela in Carmen with New York Lyric Opera, Musetta at New York’s Symphony Space and a Concert Gala with New York Metropolitan Opera tenor, Marcello Giordani. She is currently working on her debut album of soprano arias with Maestro Steven Mercurio and the Pannon Philharmonic Orchestra in Pecs, Hungary. Ms. Miller will sing the role of Gilda in Rigoletto with Michigan Opera Theater in May (14- 22) of 2011.
Tickets are available except for opening night. I'm have emailed the theater but haven't heard anything back. I'll let you know when I do.
In 2010, Sarah Joy received award recognition from The Gerda Lissner Foundation, The Licia Albanese-Puccini Foundation and The Jensen Foundation. A finalist in the New York Metropolitan Opera Council Auditions (Los Angeles), Ms. Miller was also a winner in the Los Angeles Artist of the Future competition, and earned prizes in the Palm Springs Opera Guild Competition and the Elizabeth Parham Vocal Scholarship. Her “gorgeous coloratura” led the Desert Sun to praise her performance at the Palm Springs competition as “lyrical refinement”.

In concert repertoire, Ms. Miller has been heard with the Hong Kong Philharmonic, Radio Classica (Italy), the Palm Springs Opera Guild, Gilda’s Club New York and the Bel Air Presbyterian Church of California, in such works as Mendelssohn’s Elijah, Poulenc’s Gloria, Handel’s Messiah, Carconi’s Gloria, and Orff’s Carmina Burana (under the baton of renowned conductor Jorge Mester). With Three Graces, Sarah Joy toured the US, Mexico and Canada with the Britian’s Got Talent winner Paul Potts. She was heard with Il Divo’s David Miller and The Chicagoland Pops Orchestra, and appeared as a soloist with Andrea Bocelli and David Foster at the Vivere release event.

Sarah Joy is signed to Decca Records, and can be seen with Three Graces. Her performance on the debut album, which features production and songwriting contributions from some of the finest producers in the business — Walter Afanasieff (Mariah Carey, Celine Dion), Desmond Child (Bon Jovi, Ricky Martin), Guy Roche (Christina Aguilera, Michael Bolton) and Mark Portmann (Luis Miguel, Barbra Streisand) — was hailed as “nothing less than breathtaking” by StarPulse.com. Ms. Miller is a student of Bill Schuman.

I can't wait to hear when Sarah Joy's CD will be released.

divotedly
sue
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#46 Irene

Irene

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 12,012 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:34 AM

Thank you for posting this Sue. :D

So pleased Sarah Joy is now using her married name as a performer. I'm sure David is enjoying having the roles reversed and becoming her camp follower rather than she his!!

Actually Sue the Forum does allow you to give the YouTube links...just the permanent Mediafire/YouSendIt etc links are not allowed. Go figure!!! :rolleyes:

I'll pop into YouTube and listen lkater. She really has a lovely voice. Hope we hear her singing again with David in the not too distant future!...now if they could sing together in either Vancouver at Christmas or in Toronto on the 28th/29th December that would be good for me, as I'm spending Christmas with my daughter and family in Canada and pooping in to see some of my Forum buddies in Toronto en-route home!!

Irene xx

Siggieroseirene.gif

download.gif

#47 tia_diva

tia_diva

David sempre

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 13,714 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:33 PM

Thanks Sue for letting us know the wonderful news of Sarah Joy. :D

736eaea9-bbc3-4e51-a3a6-cd3f7f9e3e05_zps

#48 butterfly

butterfly

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:17 PM

Thanks Irene for the clarification on posting videos. May we be soooooooo lucky to hear the guys again this Christmas!!

Here are the Youtube links:
"Barcarolle" from Tales of Hoffman

Enjoy
Sue
Posted Image

#49 butterfly

butterfly

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:17 PM

"O soave fanciulle" La Boheme

"Quando m'en vo" - La Boheme

Posted Image

#50 Jassy

Jassy

Photographer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:46 PM

"O soave fanciulle" La Boheme

"Quando m'en vo" - La Boheme

omg where did you find those? when was that performance, any photos? details pretty please :D thanks so much for posting those vids!!!!!
Posted Image

#51 clau_y_naty

clau_y_naty

Dave's Twin Divas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,338 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:09 AM

Sue...thks a lot for all the info!!

a cd for Sarah....wowoow we cant wait to know more about it...Posted ImagePosted Image

and thks for the videos too...

mwahhhhhhhhh

Claunaty_zpsdbe8e42e.gif

divas_zps5c119b21.gif

Many Thks Tina for the help with the siggie and blinkie

#52 butterfly

butterfly

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:22 AM

Wasn't this a lucky find!!!!
I found the info from a google alert!!!
You can find the videos on Youtube!! How wonderful to hear Sarah Joy's beautiful voice.
The event was September 6th in Long Island. I keep telling myself I need to move to NYC; so many wonderful musical things going on up there!!!

Clau and Naty if you can't get the CD when it comes out, I'll make sure you get one. Clau another fabulous voice for you baby to hear. :D
Can we hope for a tour? I know opera singers don't usually do that BUUUUUT I know a wonderful band that sings with an operatic style that she could perform with!!! :rolleyes:

Hope you all enjoyed the videos. Wish I was there. These were taken by the event people, I think.

Hugs
Sue
Posted Image

#53 suziq

suziq

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:20 PM

I had the pleasure of sitting at a table next to David and Sarah Joy at The Hotel in Vegas. David did steal my jam. I went to get my son's attention in the lobby and when I got back to my table, it was gone. David laughed and apologized....saying he'd thought I'd left and it was fair game. They both apologized. They looked so happy and relaxed that I didn't bother them for pictures or autographs. Very nice experience.
Posted Image

#54 Jassy

Jassy

Photographer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:12 PM

I had the pleasure of sitting at a table next to David and Sarah Joy at The Hotel in Vegas. David did steal my jam. I went to get my son's attention in the lobby and when I got back to my table, it was gone. David laughed and apologized....saying he'd thought I'd left and it was fair game. They both apologized. They looked so happy and relaxed that I didn't bother them for pictures or autographs. Very nice experience.

when was this lucky encounter ? :D
Posted Image

#55 stardiva

stardiva

IL DIVO

• Platinum
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

Hi.

I heard Sarah Joy was working on a new album.
I just wanted to know if anyone had any news on what type
of music she will be singing and when it will be released.
Also is there any news of her performing anywhere, particulary in NY?
I love it if she sings with IL Divo one day.
Thank you

#56 stardiva

stardiva

IL DIVO

• Platinum
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:47 PM

I wonder what happened to our IL Divos?
Hope we get some news soon about them and
Sarah Joys album.

Bye.

#57 stardiva

stardiva

IL DIVO

• Platinum
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:29 AM

Hi Everyone,

I heard that Sarah Joy is a solo artist now
and is making an album.

Is this true and does anyone have any information on the
album she is recording?

Also where can I get recordings of her music?
Does anyone Know?

Thanks,

#58 tia_diva

tia_diva

David sempre

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 13,714 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:25 AM

Hi lordichr29

Look at Butterfly's post on this site, post # 45. You will find answers to most of your questions there!

736eaea9-bbc3-4e51-a3a6-cd3f7f9e3e05_zps

#59 rachel_r

rachel_r

aka Ra :)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:13 AM

http://sarahjoymiller.com/

Posted Image

#60 Jassy

Jassy

Photographer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:07 PM

http://sarahjoymiller.com/

Posted Image

YEAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D I Can't Wait! thanks for posting that!
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users