124 replies to this topic

#121 emmac

emmac

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:46 AM

I'm sorry these are so late but the two weeks immediately after the show were ever so slightly hectic and this week I went back to work *sob* but better late than never right?

Although this was the first night, before the music started I just could not get excited. My mood was completely and utterly flat. I was even thinking that I may have wasted a hell of a lot of money on tickets, hotels, train fares and flights.

Luckily as soon as the lights went off, the music started and Carlos started singing, I was back on track and I loved every single second. My seat was level with the little stage (although at the other end of the aisle) and was brilliant! Sonia kept me entertained from the beginning and my arms were already developing bruises by the time Somewhere finished as she kept grabbing me!

I have to admit the concert passed by in a blur as we tried to guess which song was coming next, although I do admit to breathing a sigh of relief when Passera started - I can't help it, it is still one of my favourites. I remember being completely stunned by Hallelujah and then doubly so after Adagio. Simply magnificent! The audience's reaction to those two songs was incredible and I don't think the guys were expecting it.

Of course there was the PQTME incident! laugh.gif You know when you can see something is going to happen but you can do absolutely nothing about it?? Well I was watching Seb (I'm a Siren, I can't help it) and I could see he hadn't seen the screen. If I'd have been closer I would have shouted at him! So funny, bless him!

I adore BOTW and TID - fantastic! And Amazing Grace!

It was a wonderful night and left me convinced that all the money I've spent was well worth it!

Few photos now. There aren't many of David, sorry, but I'd forgotten that he doesn't keep still for long rolleyes.gif so he's a blur in most of them!Please don't crop my name off them or use them outside of this forum.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#122 emmac

emmac

Advanced Member

• Platinum
  • PipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:51 AM

And the rest.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#123 janique

janique

IL DIVO

• Platinum
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:03 PM

Here are the only reasonable photos I took. I had a combination of a new camera (which didn't have a long enough zoom), a semi-dark show and (I've found out since the last tour) osteo-arthritis in my wrists and fingers which meant I couldn't hold the camera for long without my fingers starting to ache and threaten to 'lock-up' !!!! Consequently, most of the pix were either blurred or too far away to be clear. Sorry it's taken so long to post but, for the same reason, I can't use the pc for long stretches any more.

Jan

Posted Image

#124 janique

janique

IL DIVO

• Platinum
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:05 PM

And the last 4.

Jan

Posted Image

#125 RuthSweet

RuthSweet

Keeper of the Big Red Button

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:31 PM

This section has now been locked down into an archive full of fabulous memories of Il Divo's 2009 World Tour…….An Evening with Il Divo. Because of this, there can be no more postings into this thread. If you suddenly find any photos of this show that you’d like added, please pm one of the mods, and we’ll edit them into this final post on your behalf.

Thanks to everyone for reporting and sharing your concert experiences. Here’s to the memories. biggrin.gif

xxxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users